Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To find Contacts by Email`s emails with Formula

Hello all,
    I've somewhat stuck in understanding the structure of the Email entity. For example, there is a link type field "fromEmailAddress", which is absent in Relationships list. Then, there are fields like "from", "fromAddress", "fromEmailAddress" of which I can not catch difference, so on.
    Well, what I need is a Formula in Email entity which finds all Contacts with emails, contained in fields "To", "From", "CC", and then processes this list.
    Could you give me just a little hint, which functions with which fields should be used?
    Thanks.

Not sure how to do this in a formula way, can you even Formula a list?

If it were in Template (Print2PF) then you can input all field and see what affect it does, then convert that knowledge into formula base.

Go to /#Template/
    Create Template for Email
    You should see all field there

If you just want those "To", "From", "CC", then you probably need to do Export or Filtering. If you want it to be automated then probably need the Report package.

Comment

Thanks, esforim .
      My goal is to link an Email with all concerning contacts. And since my Espo is cloud-hosted, the only option is using Formula.
      I think the way is to put into array a list of Contacts, selected by above email addresses, but don't know which functions to use and which fields contain right info.

Comment

In that case you may be interested in this thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...his-thing-work

Yurikunz explain how Contact is linked to Email automatically. Alternatively you can use "Mass Update" for the one that failed to link or if you want to link any manually, I believe it also link quite well if you use Case entities.

If you use the cloud version, doesn't it come with Workflow package include for "free"? If that the case, it better to use that isn't it?

Espo may have problem linking your email if it was send outside of Espo (e.g. outlook or from browser), because it add a hidden header (which use for linking). Only pity is Email entity is that you can't create more relationship (e.g. Many-to-One for meetings and for Parent field you link to Contact), even if you, do the layout is not editable (but the field may work?).

I'm still too weak in term of formula, can only do very basic one. Can't help with that.

Comment

As it turned out, the Contacts linked to Email are inaccessible from UI.

Comment

Working...
          X